- 3 tbs peanut oil
- 1 Bermuda onion, chopped
- 1½ lbs large shrimp, peeled, tails on
- 1 small hot pepper (Jalapeno, Serrano, Habanero) seeded, minced
- 1 tbs orange juice concentrate
- zest of an orange
- ¼ cup Gosling’s Black Seal® Rum
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Pre-heat the oven to 500 degrees.
In a heavy bottomed roasting pan heat the oil on the stove top. Sauté the onions briefly therein. When it is sizzling add the minced hot pepper, then the juice concentrate, zest and Black Seal Rum. Bring back to heat and toss in the shrimp, turning to coat. Put the roasting pan in the oven and roast shrimp about 8 minutes until pink. Serve sizzling.