Wicked & Easy
(Courtesy of Edward Bottone)
- 1 pkg Devil’s Food chocolate cake mix
- 4 oz pkg instant chocolate pudding
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter,
- 8 oz sour cream
- 3/4 cup Gosling’s Black Seal® Rum
- 3 eggs 3/4 cup coconut, lightly toasted (opt.)
- 6 oz pkg chocolate chips (or more)
- 1/4 cup Gosling’s Black Seal® Rum
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Gosling’s Black Seal Rum
Combine first 5 ingredients; mix on low speed in mixer until moistened. Add eggs and beat for 2 minutes on high speed. Stir in coconut (opt.) and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan or tube pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until the tester comes out clean. Allow cake to cool in the pan 15-20 minutes. While it cools poke holes in cake bottom with a skewer and pour on ¼ cup of Gosling’s Black Seal Rum. Once cooled turn cake out of mold and brush on glaze.
Glaze: In a small, heavy bottomed sauce pan bring water and sugar to a boil, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved and syrupy. Stir in rum taking care it does not ignite, and cook another minute. Take off heat.